A year-end review of Gray Surety finds evidence of growth and expansion in every corner of the business. We met all our expansion goals for 2021, including opening new offices and onboarding additional team members, and are grateful to the agency partners who helped us get there.
- Premium total up 30% over previous year;
- New business accounts for 40% of increased premium;
- More than 9,000 commercial submissions;
- Commercial surety growth rate of 200% over previous year;
- Achieved 280% growth in submissions in our Texas office;
- Merged with Bernhard Capital Partners Management;
- Surplus increased to $119 million;
- SFAA Top 50 surety every quarter;
- Raleigh office wrote $2 million in premiums in first nine months.
The merger with Bernhard testified to the successful business we’ve built and has positioned us to support a much larger share of the market.
Gray Surety expanded its footprint into North Carolina and California for the first time in 2021 with a new office and team member in each state.
- Raleigh Office
- Jason Sayers, Carolinas Regional Manager
- San Diego Office
- Joshua Caldwell, Western Territory Manager
- Rob Johnson, Chief Financial Officer
- Tracy Puckett, Claims Assistant
Both the Raleigh and San Diego offices are strategically located in growth areas to better serve existing agency relationships and expand our brand recognition.
Gray Surety is grateful for all we accomplished in 2021. We look forward to meeting the challenges that the new year will bring as we work toward continued, responsible growth for us, our agency partners, and contractor clients. Let’s get to yes in 2022.